Sunday, September 18, 2016

Design Evaluation Blink-182 Music Videos


Design analysis is up to our own personal opinion as viewers. Something we see either resonates with us and leaves a lasting impression or it doesn't.
In regards to Music Videos, they can have multiple genres; some tell a story, some is a video of the song being performed and some are simple with the words of the song displayed.
I have been a fan of Blink-182 since I was a teenager. I remember sneaking up behind my brother at the computer desk and watch their music videos over his shoulder. Their videos were always crazy, capitalizing on the ideal world of a teenager. They were loud and oddly entertaining.
They possessed harmony in the schemes, theme and colors. I believe there is harmony because of the major contrast between this and conservative world. It is engaging and brings the audience in. 
While I still love Blink-182 and enjoy their new music, it is interesting to note the difference schemes within their music videos. Their new album is all similar to this video. It is just so bland to me and boring, as it just shows the lyrics to the song.
The new videos do have a little of symmetry and balance and the law of continuity is there but I don't think it resonates with their fans. 
In my opinion, I believe Blink still has the fans that they've always had who still enjoy seeing these wild, rambunctious teenager jumping around in videos. They also are gaining new fans from the younger generation who I would argue also connect more with their old videos than with their new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment