Thursday, October 20, 2016

Rule of Thirds


I took this picture of my friend Chelsey and tried to portray the rules we discussed in class. I let Chelsey be the focus of the picture but she is a little off center and most of her would be in the far right third of the picture. I think that makes the picture more interesting to look at it. Even before I learned of these rules, I usually take pictures of friends like this because I think it more appealing to the eye. It was interesting to find out it is an actual rule that we are supposed to follow when taking pictures. My eyes were aware of a rule that I hadn't yet learned.  I also tried to allow her dominant eye to be at an intersection. I like that she is the main focus of this picture and her surroundings compliment her!

No comments:

Post a Comment